Peggy’s passion for owning pottery led to her passion for making pottery. Over 20 years ago, she began working with clay under the private instruction of a professional potter in Bucks County, PA. The instructor’s studio was Peggy’s after-hours home for nearly five years of what became a concentrated, challenging and exacting learning experience.
When Peggy moved to Connecticut, she established The Pottery in her own home studio, working with high-fire stoneware and an electric kiln. She was juried into The Connecticut Clay Artists and began calling herself a "potter". Peggy is a past president and vice-president of CCA, and currently serves as acting president.
In the mid-1990s, Peggy co-founded and continues to chair ARTique, an annual, high-end fine arts and crafts show and sale in Ridgefield, CT. ARTique features the juried work of over 20 artisans, which includes clay art as well as other media. She also organized and chaired a major juried show of animal art at The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, CT.
After many workshops, classes, and shows, including those listed below, Peggy continues to observe, to learn, to grow, to be discouraged, to be elated, and to delight in the frequently unexpected joys of working in clay.
- San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, San Angelo, TX
- American Craftsmen Show, Ridgefield, CT
- Greenwich Art Society, Greenwich, CT
- Westport Arts Center, Westport, CT
- Keeler Tavern Museum’s Spring Artisans’ Show, Ridgefield, CT
- ARTique, Ridgefield, CT
- Ridgefield Guild of Artists, Ridgefield, CT
- Silo Gallery, New Milford, CT
- Guilford Crafts Center, Guilford, CT
- Various Connecticut Clay Artists events and shows throughout Connecticut
- The Mary Mathews Beran Award, Greenwich Art Society, March 2015
Workshops and Classes
- The 92nd Street Y, New York, NY
- Brookfield Craft Center, Brookfield, CT
- Wooster Community Art Center, Danbury, CT